To be a faithful, evangelical, confessional, Reformed, Presbyterian congregation proclaiming the gospel of Christ’s grace in southeast Arizona.
We seek to make disciples of Christ, teaching them to obey all that he has commanded (Matthew 28:19-20), by relying on the very things that the Lord Jesus has promised to bless and use for the good of his people: the Ordinary Means of Grace (Acts 2:42).
- By faithful, we mean a supreme loyalty to Jesus and a sincere desire to follow him as a church and as individuals (Matthew 25:21).
- By evangelical, we mean that we believe in salvation by grace alone through Faith alone, and that saving faith is the gracious gift of personal faith in our Lord Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8-10).
- By confessional, we mean refer to the fact that all our church leaders subscribe to a historic statement of faith, the Westminster Confession of Faith and the Larger and Shorter Catechisms, which were composed by godly men who were totally committed to Scripture as the supreme authority in all things (2 Timothy 2:2-3).
- By Reformed, we mean biblical Christianity which was recovered at the time of the Protestant Reformation. This is “the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints” (Jude 3).
- By Presbyterian, we mean a representative form of government whereby elders, the spiritual leaders of Christ's Church, are elected by the congregation to direct the affairs of the church (1 Peter 5:1-4).